Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arum belittles Marquez

Go down 
AuthorMessage
benchok24
Admin
Admin
benchok24

Arum belittles Marquez Empty
PostSubject: Arum belittles Marquez   Arum belittles Marquez I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:47 am

August 21, 2010, 8:50pm

Top Rank big boss Bob Arum doesn’t buy Oscar De La Hoya’s suggestion that Manny Pacquiao instead face Juan Manuel Marquez following Antonio Margarito’s failure to get a license from California.

While on cruise in Italy, Arum told boxing website fanhouse that Marquez has yet to prove himself at welterweight and should rack up a couple of wins over a pair of marquee names before even considering a rubber match with the Filipino star.

“Let him fight Andre Berto, who is looking for a fight. Let him fight Joshua Clottey, who I promote and who I can get for him to fight,” said Arum, who is upbeat that
Arum belittles Marquez 24yvg410
Margarito will get his license from the state of Texas anytime this coming week.

Arum is pairing Pacquiao and Margarito for a Nov. 13 bout at Cowboy Stadium in Dallas.

Marquez, who is under De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions, was overwhelmed in his welterweight debut last year against Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

Marquez is best remembered for two life-and-death fights with Pacquiao in 2004 and 2008.

“Let him fight a legitimate welterweight. Once he fights a legitimate welterweight, and succeeds, then, don’t you think that we would love to put him in against Manny Pacquiao?”

Arum is expected to return to the US on August 28 or 29.

source:mb
Back to top Go down

Arum belittles Marquez
Page 1 of 1