HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Hagler says Floyd scared of Pacman

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1762
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 43
Location : Batangas City

PostSubject: Hagler says Floyd scared of Pacman   Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:50 am

FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR. “might be a little scared” of fighting Manny Pacquiao.

Former undisputed world middleweight champion “Marvelous” Marvin Hagler said this Tuesday over On the Ropes Boxing Radio, adding that the Filipino champion was right in his decision to move on and fight Antonio Margarito instead.

Hagler, a Hall of Famer whose resumé includes epic showdowns with all-time greats Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Leonard, said one has to fight the best to be considered the best in the world.
Hagler said it was clear that Pacquiao wants to fight Mayweather, but the former lord of the ring keeps on coming up with conditions.

The American also said it should be just a matter of saying yes or no to the fight.

Meanwhile, Pacquiao leaves for Los Angeles on Monday to kick off the promotional tour for his scheduled showdown with Margarito at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium on Nov. 13, although the Mexican still has to get a license to fight from the Texas Commission.

Susan Stanford, public relations officer of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR), informed the Inquirer that “the review process is currently under way.”

She said a TDLR licensing program specialist and a compliance program specialist will review the application with executive director William Kuntz deciding on whether to grant or deny a license.

Stanford said Margarito’s perfected application and a check for the required fee of $20 were received on Aug. 23 and that the average license review process is 10 days.

“I am hoping a decision will be made by the end of the week and we will release a statement at that time,” she added.

Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz said the press tour would begin in Los Angeles on Monday, proceed to New York and wind up in Dallas before Pacquiao returns to Manila.

The Sarangani representative will begin training for the fight, with the vacant WBC light middleweight title at stake, on Sept. 20, with chief trainer Freddie Roach and conditioning expert Alex Ariza coming over.

Although the TDLR hasn’t issued Margarito a license to fight in Dallas, Koncz told the Inquirer that Top Rank promoter Bob Arum had been assured that it was “a done deal.”

Arum was banking on a letter sent to the various state commissions by the Association of Boxing Commissions president Timothy Lueckenhoff in which the ABC board noted Margarito had “fulfilled his obligations.”

Margarito appeared before the California Commission, as originally required by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, when he applied for a license to fight in Las Vegas.

The ABC president said Margarito was now free to apply for a license with any of the member commissions and that there was nothing under federal law that would prevent consideration of his application.

Ronnie Nathanielsz, Phil. Daily Inquirer
Back to top Go down
 
Hagler says Floyd scared of Pacman
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Floyd Mayweather - Marvin Hagler - Some perspective !!!
» britt floyd
» 'If no one believes in Floyd Mayweather I believe in me'
» Floyd Mayweather - Golden Boy lawyers cease and desist letter
» CUS D'AMATO: starring Floyd Patterson and The Mob.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Basketbol ng Pilipinas :: Not just Basketball! :: Boxing, MMA & Other Sports-
Jump to: