Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roach: Margarito easier to hit than De la Hoya

Go down 
AuthorMessage
benchok24
Admin
Admin
benchok24

Roach: Margarito easier to hit than De la Hoya Empty
PostSubject: Roach: Margarito easier to hit than De la Hoya   Roach: Margarito easier to hit than De la Hoya I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:02 am

MANILA, Philippines – Boxing coach Freddie Roach is not worried one bit about Antonio Margarito’s size advantage over his ward, Fighter of the Decade Manny Pacquiao.

Roach said the 5-foot-11 Mexican boxer will be an easy target for Pacquiao, who in recent fights has improved his precision punches.

"This guy is much more hittable [than Oscar de La Hoya] and likes to exchange a lot more," Pacquiao’s coach told Boxing Scene.com.

At 5-foot-6, Pacquiao looks diminutive compared to Margarito.

Roach, however, believes that with Pacquiao’s speed against Margarito’s size, it’s easy to guess who will get punched more.

"And when Manny can hit somebody, I usually don’t worry that much about it," he added.

Roach said that because the “Tijuana Tornado” is easier to hit, he thinks Pacquiao could end up beating Margarito, even worse than what Pacquiao did to De la Hoya.

Pacquiao and Margarito arrived in Texas on Thursday. They will wrap up a 3-city tour at the Cowboys Stadium before officially opening their respective training camps.

More motivated

Margarito said he wants to put an end to Pacquiao’s winning streak over Mexican boxers.

Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez and Marco Antonio Barrera are only some of the top Mexican boxers defeated by Pacquiao.

“Pacquiao already has record of beating a lot of Mexicans, and now it's my turn to stop him. I know I can beat him," Margarito said in a separate Boxing Scene.com report.

Margarito added that compared with Pacquiao, he is much more motivated to win.

"I want to prove that I'm better than him. The truth is, I have the hunger to be a champion again and I have more dreams that I need to fulfill. I never stopped training. I had faith that this opportunity would come again,” he said.

souce abs cbn
Back to top Go down

Roach: Margarito easier to hit than De la Hoya
Page 1 of 1