HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 ABS-CBN says ready to oppose Willie's new contract

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1762
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 43
Location : Batangas City

PostSubject: ABS-CBN says ready to oppose Willie's new contract   Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:49 am

MANILA, Philippines - ABS-CBN has filed its reply to Willie Revillame's attempt to rescind his contract with ABS-CBN.

In a statement, ABS-CBN confirmed it has filed its response to Revillame's motion for the court to confirm that he is free from his contract with the company.

Revillame's contract with the network will end in September 2011.

In its statement, ABS-CBN reminded Revillame he still has contract obligations with the network.

"Pormal ng nagsumite ng sagot ang ABS-CBN hinggil sa kasong isinampa ni Willie Revillame. Alam na rin namin ang mga lumalabas na publisidad hinggil sa pag-uumpisa ng diumano'y programa ni Willie sa ibang istasyon simula sa October 10. Gusto naming bigyang diin na si Willie ay nakatali pa rin sa ABS-CBN at nakahanda kaming hamunin sa korte ang anumang kontrata na nauugnay sa kanyang produksiyon o pagpapalabas ng programa sa ibang network," Bong Osorio, ABS-CBN Corporate Communications chief said.

ABS-CBN issued the statement following reports that he will be doing a noontime show with TV5.

Last month, ABS-CBN warned rival networks not to ink an agreement with Revillame because of the host's existing contract with the Kapamilya network.

Revillame and ABS-CBN had a falling out following the popular TV host's outburst last May, when he threatened to resign if the network does not fire fellow Kapamilya talent Jobert Sucaldito.

Revillame got irked with Sucaldito's criticisms of "Wowowee."

Revillame later announced that he wanted to end his contract after he was suspended and “Wowowee” went off the air.

He accused the network of treating him “unfairly.” He also lambasted ABS-CBN for allegedly reneging on their initial agreement that the TV host would return to the show on July 31.

Linggit Tan, ABS-CBN senior vice-president for TV entertainment, has already denied that there was such an agreement.

The controversial host has been offered new shows on Channel 2 and sister company Studio 23, but he turned them down.

Yahoo News
Back to top Go down
 
ABS-CBN says ready to oppose Willie's new contract
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Silfverberg: I'm not ready for the NHL yet
» Comfortable Master Room ready to move in by 01 March 2011
» Bolt ready for another big season - starts in Rome on May 26
» Race Ready 20% Off
» KTM convert ready to downsize

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Basketbol ng Pilipinas :: Not just Basketball! :: Entertainment & Current Events-
Jump to: