Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nyetoy

Nyetoy

Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS Empty
PostSubject: Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS   Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:12 pm

One of my favorite songs was SPOLARIUM. I keep on playing this song even though I totally do not understand the meaning of it or even the story behind this. Knowing Ely Buendia – the lead vocalist of Eraserheads, he’s smart enough to write a song with a very unsightly meaning from a very inexplicable story.

Gold Says:
If you wanna know what this song actually means, I could share it with you. Professors here in the University of the Philippines know about it and they share it in class whenever the song comes in discussions. It is actually the story of the rape victim Pepsi who were allegedly raped by Vic, Joey, and someone –I forgot the name. She was made to drink too much by the three (this is described in the first 3 stanzas of the song) and when she was unconscious, they raped her. Pepsi died when she was about to cry out for justice. There were rumors that Pepsi did not commit suicide but she was killed to stop her from testifying in court. So after knowing that, the song is pretty much direct except for some parts like “itigil muna ang pag-ikot ng mundo”. We can interpret this part differently. It can mean that the victim wanted her oppressors to stop their manipulations or she was just too tired of everything that’s happening that she wanted the world to just stop.

Pepsi was not able to receive justice. Until now, there is no closure to her case. And whether Vic and Joey were guilty, no one can prove it.

I assume Ely Buendia, who wrote the song, learned about Pepsi’s misery when he was still in the university. Maybe for him, even if Pepsi was not able to testify, the song would speak out the truth.
Back to top Go down
PRY
Admin
Admin
PRY

PostSubject: Re: Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS   Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:55 pm

wow nice information nyetz. Kahit ako matagal ko ng gustong malaman kung ano ang meaning ng songs. Ayun pala. Good job. Matagal na ngang isyung yan ke pepsi paloma. Tinira pala ni Ely sila joey about that incident. Pero ika nga e hindi obvious.

Si tito sotto dati gusto pa i ban ang eheads dahil sa kanta nilang alapaap.
Si willie r. kung napanuod nyo dati isa sa kanyang interview nung kainitan ng away nila ni joey. May nasabi si willie na may nalalaman sya sa pag rape ni joey ke pepsi.
Si ely kaibigang tunay ni master rapper francis m. na iniidolo nman nya si joey bilang isang magaling na writer.

Back to top Go down
jemino

jemino

PostSubject: Re: Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS   Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:16 pm

actually di ko alam na tungkol kay PEPSI PALOMA pala ang song na to...ang pagkakaalam ko,ang song na to ay tungkol sa pagiging ALCOHOLIC....

kug tungkol naman sa kaso ni PEPSI....,di ko rin alam kung ano ang totoo..
ang alam ko nagpakamatay si PEPSI dahil sa pagkakalulong sa drugs....
nangyari ang RAPE CASE nung 1982...kasikatan ng EAT BULAGA kung saan kasikatan din nila VIC and JOEY....nagpakamatay si PEPSI nung 1985,tatlong taon ang nakalipas nang mangyari ang RAPE CASE....sa tatlong taon ding yun,nakagawa pa nang maraming pelikula si PEPSI....ang sabi nila..,ginamit lang ang kasikatan nila VIC and JOEY para sumikat din si PEPSI.....at nalulong nga sa drugs si PEPSI at humantong nga sa kanyang pagpapakamatay...

kaya nga kung ano talaga ang totoo....

Ewan mo at ewan natin

Sinong nagpakana?
Back to top Go down
dash08

dash08

PostSubject: Re: Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS   Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:16 pm

grabe..un pala ang dhilan..wla tlga ako idea about dito..pati sa girl.. eh bkit gnun putol ung knta..hehe
Back to top Go down
Nyetoy

Nyetoy

PostSubject: Re: Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS   Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:19 pm

Sinong nagpakana? Kaya? hmmm , si Richie d horsie
Back to top Go down
teph_47

teph_47

PostSubject: Re: Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS   Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:41 pm

..nakakaloka naman ito...halatang i was not yet born nang mangyari ito..but still it was a shocking story,,,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS   Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS
Page 1 of 1