Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Excited Pacquiao just can't wait to fight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baguio3

baguio3

Excited Pacquiao just can't wait to fight Empty
PostSubject: Excited Pacquiao just can't wait to fight   Excited Pacquiao just can't wait to fight I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 12:25 am

LOS ANGELES, California -- A veteran marathoner who does 42 kilometers in a little over 2 hours was the jogging partner of Manny Pacquiao on Friday (Saturday in Manila).

Three times a week while in Los Angeles (LA), Pacquiao has been doing some grueling roadwork at Griffith Park.

“Dahan dahan lang ako ngayon… huling takbo na sa bundok ngayon. After this, pahinga na (I'm taking it easy today... this is my last run in the mountains. After this, I'll rest a bit),” said the boxer.

The first 200 meters was the only flat ground. After that it was all uphill on very steep roads.

But Pacquiao made it look easy going at a very fast pace.

The boxing superstar created quite a scene with a big group following him all around. Bikers, fans in their cars, TV crews and photographers all swarmed around him.

Pacquiao has been running the mountains of Griffith Park for several years now. It is his favorite route. It's extremely difficult, but this is where he gets his great conditioning for his fights.

He is on his last days of training in LA before heading to Texas for his World Boxing Council (WBC) super welterweight fight against Mexico's Antonio Margarito. (Click here for related story)

As the route got tougher, the Filipino champ seemed to get stronger and faster.

He went all the way up past the famous Hollywood sign. The great views, fresh air and pacers energized Pacquiao.

In less than 40 minutes, he reached the top. And he still had enough gas to do a sprint in the last 50 meters.

“Mahirap talaga kasi lahat paakyat pero dito nade-develop ang strategy at energy (It's really hard because it's an uphill run but here is where I develop my energy),” said Pacquiao.

What pushes the “Pacman” to get past this kind of painful training?

“The more pahirapan mo sarili sa training… the easier iyong fight (The harder you train... the easier the fight),” was his reply.

Fans congregated at the cool down area, circling the champion as he did his speed shadow boxing.

The workout ended with a unique Filipino touch as a fan played the guitar and sang Visayan songs. Pacquiao thoroughly enjoyed this and sang along while doing his 1000-rep ab routine.

“Excited at ready na ako. Gusto ko sana bukas na iyong fight (I'm excited and ready. I wish I'd fight tomorrow),” said the boxer, who will face Mexico’s Antonio Margarito next week.

In the afternoon, he spent another intense workout session at the Wild Card Gym.

Manny Pacquiao works the mitts with Coach Freddie Roach.

The 7-division world champion showed why he is called the best boxer in the world by impressing, with his power, punches from all angles while doing the mitts with coach Freddie Roach.

They went 13 rounds nonstop and had no rest in between.

Roach was all praises for his favorite student.

“It’s going to be another sensational victory,” said the Hall-of-Fame trainer.

When asked what will hurt Margarito the most, Roach said, “Everything! Body shots, combinations, footwork, movement.”
Back to top Go down

Excited Pacquiao just can't wait to fight
Page 1 of 1