Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UAAP Coaches Know Each Other From Way Back

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
devilmaycry18
Admin
Admin
devilmaycry18

UAAP Coaches Know Each Other From Way Back Empty
PostSubject: UAAP Coaches Know Each Other From Way Back   UAAP Coaches Know Each Other From Way Back I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:54 pm

UAAP Coaches Know Each Other From Way Back Capacio-black

Manila Philippines- For the third time in his UAAP coaching carrer,Ateneo's Norman Black will go up against an opposing coach who once was has former player in the PBA.

This time Black,will pit his vast experience against Far Eastern University Glenn Capacio when the best of three UAAP Basketball championship series begins on Saturday at the Araneta Coliseum Cubao Quezon City.

"Actually,my experience with Glenn as his coach was quite short," Black saidduring Tuesday PSA forum at Shakey's UN Avenue.

Black and Capacio were together with Mobiline during the 1997 PBA season where they reached semifinals round in the All Filipino Cup.After the conference,they parted ways Black moving to Pop Cola.

The two have since become friends,even spending time playing in friendly basketball games.

Next season,Black is set to coach Capacio's son Gwayne Capacio,who is playing for the RP team in the FIBA Asia U-18 Championship in Yemen, at Ateneo

"Glenn and i played together every Thursday nigth and he's still pretty good player," said Black,looking at Capacio who was smiling seated beside him at the forum.

Capacio has found memories of his former mentor

"Alam ko si coach Norman Black dahil sa system descipline ung team nya at alam at gaano siya kahigpit in terms of defense," he said.

Capacio is the third former player Black will face in the finals.The first two were University of Santo Tomas 'Pido Jarencio and Ex Las Salle taskmaster Franz Pumaren

Jarencio who black coach at San Miguel in the 1980's met in the finals in 2006 with Jarencio won in three grueling games.Two years later,Black beat Pumaren,a former player of his with San Miguel and Mobiline

"Its going to be about execution in finals," said Capacio,who played against Black's San Miguels team five times in the PBA finals as an opposing cager purefoods

"Hindi ganun kadali manalo against Ateneo," Capacio added"."Kilangan pagtrabuhan namin at expect na for 40 minutes pahihirapan kami".

The Blue eagles will missed the services of Jason Escueta who inurred a one game suspension for commiting his second unsportmanlike foul of the season.

Escueta committed the infratcion during during a rebound play against Adamson Jan Collina in Ateneo 68-55 victory in Sunday final four.

"Theres not much we can do about it going to hurt us as far as sized is concerned because we need big bodies to match up with Feu bigmen but well do the best )we can do without him," said Black.

The suspension came after commissioner Ato Badolato spared FEU JR Cawaling of a one game ban as he was only given an unsportmanlike foul,his first off the season,and a technical foul that led to his ejection in theteam's 69-59 win over La Salle in the semis

(Source manila Bulletin.com.ph by Jonas Terrado)

Back to top Go down
http://basketbolpilipinas.forummption.com/
devilmaycry18
Admin
Admin
devilmaycry18

PostSubject: Re: UAAP Coaches Know Each Other From Way Back   UAAP Coaches Know Each Other From Way Back I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:01 pm

Go Ateneo for three peat......
Back to top Go down
http://basketbolpilipinas.forummption.com/
_aphrodite_

PostSubject: Re: UAAP Coaches Know Each Other From Way Back   UAAP Coaches Know Each Other From Way Back I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:11 pm

lets go tamaraws, lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UAAP Coaches Know Each Other From Way Back   UAAP Coaches Know Each Other From Way Back I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UAAP Coaches Know Each Other From Way Back
Page 1 of 1