Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Patriots Import Sees Better Days Ahead

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin
Magic Man13

Patriots Import Sees Better Days Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Patriots Import Sees Better Days Ahead   Patriots Import Sees Better Days Ahead I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:56 am

MANILA, Philippines — Big man Donald Little admits he has yet to find his touch despite helping the defending champion Philippine Patriots in winning two games in the Air Asia Asean basketball League.

Little, a veteran of countless overseas tournaments, only had seven points and nine rebounds in the Patriots’ 62-59 victory over the Singapore Slingers over the weekend but he had five blocks in 37 minutes of action, something head coach Louie Alas took notice of.

“He is slowly getting his game and he played the role of an intimidator against Singapore,” said Alas of his 6-11 recruit who has averaged nine points and eight rebounds so far.

“I haven't found myself yet but I think after this game, I'll be okay. It’s a team game but I have to keep working hard to help my teammates,” said Little, who turned the ball over 11 times as he was double-teamed by slingers imports Kyle Jeffers and Marcus Skinner.

The locals were able to come up big despite the absence of second import Anthony Johnson who was out with a hamstring injury. Benedict Fernandez had 12 points, Egay Billones made 11 markers and Junjun Cabatu hit five of his 11 points in the dying minutes to beat the Slingers.

“It was a very difficult win,” said Little, who once played alongside current NBA star Tracy McGrady during his high school days at Mount Zion Christian Academy. “AJ’s (Johnson) out, everybody was jumping on me and it was a very physical game but we won it on defense.”

Owned by businessman-sportsman Mikee Romero, the Patriots will play their first game abroad this Saturday against the Brunei Barracudas in Bander Seri Begawan.

“Against Brunei, we have to play the same defensive intensity,” said Alas. “As long as we keep the score low we have a good chance of winning.”

Jonas Terrado, Manila Bulletin
Back to top Go down

Patriots Import Sees Better Days Ahead
Page 1 of 1