Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lady Tams, Lady Eagles Strike

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin
Magic Man13

Lady Tams, Lady Eagles Strike Empty
PostSubject: Lady Tams, Lady Eagles Strike   Lady Tams, Lady Eagles Strike I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:06 am

Far Eastern University upstaged College of St. Benilde in a battle of erstwhile winless teams in the Shakey’s V-League Season 7.

In the end, the Lady Tamaraws had plenty to spare in scoring a tough four-setter win over the Lady Blazers, 25-20, 25-17, 21-25, 25-22 at The Arena in San Juan.

After taking the first two sets, the Lady Tamaraws relaxed in the third set, but bounced back strong in the fourth to finally barge into the win column. The Lady Blazers absorbed their third straight setback.

“We relaxed a bit. We also used the opportunity of fielding in our four rookies," said FEU Coach Nestor Pamilar. “I just told my team to stay focused. Players have the tendency to relax, that’s why this thing happened."

Ateneo rode on the solid performance of Alyssa Valdez, who scored six of his 14 points in the fifth set to nip pesky University of Perpetual Help in a thrilling five setter, 25-15, 14-25, 20-25, 25-18, 15-12.

Valdez posted five kills and an ace in the fifth frame as Ateneo marched to their second straight win.

Thai import Boonyuen Surasawadee top scored for the Lady Eagles with 22 hits and an ace.
- RCJ, GMANews.TV
Back to top Go down

Lady Tams, Lady Eagles Strike
Page 1 of 1