Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Pacquiao foe Hatton unlikely to fight again

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin
Magic Man13

Former Pacquiao foe Hatton unlikely to fight again Empty
PostSubject: Former Pacquiao foe Hatton unlikely to fight again   Former Pacquiao foe Hatton unlikely to fight again I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:30 am

MANILA, Philippines – British boxer Ricky Hatton, who suffered a 2nd-round knockout to Manny Pacquiao in 2009, said he is unlikely to return to the boxing ring again.

"You can never say never, but if I was to put my last pound on it I would say 'no, I think that's me done',” Hatton said in a report by Telegraph.co.uk.

The 31-year-old Briton, who has fought at 140 pounds for years, has gone up to 200 pounds since losing to Pacquiao in May 2009.

Since that fight, Hatton went on a long hiatus amid rumors of a possible comeback.

"I'm doing the promoting now and my goal is to try and make champions of my fighters," said Hatton.

The Manchester native recently renewed his boxing license with the British Boxing Board of Control, fueling speculations that he will make a comeback against either Juan Manuel Marquez, or Amir Khan.

Hatton said he went to training but found out that things were not like before.

"I've been retired, if that's what you can call it, for 16 months. I announced I was going to make a comeback and I came back off holiday and went into a training camp for 3 or 4 weeks, but it just wasn't the same,” he said.
Back to top Go down

Former Pacquiao foe Hatton unlikely to fight again
Page 1 of 1