Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biggest jerk in sports, a clown with no class

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin
Magic Man13

Biggest jerk in sports, a clown with no class Empty
PostSubject: Biggest jerk in sports, a clown with no class   Biggest jerk in sports, a clown with no class I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Biggest jerk in sports, a clown with no class Sports02

It’s official now.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the biggest jerk in professional sports.

I know it’s a crowded field, with Ben Roethlisberger still capable of crashing a happy hour or any number of self-absorbed clowns sending out their latest Twitter updates, right King James?

But that’s all minor league stuff compared with the complete body of work by Mr. Mayweather.

The recent profanity-laced, homophobic rant against Manny Pacquiao is documented proof that this guy is a clown with no class.

If he were under any legitimate jurisdiction, he would have been suspended. But alas, this is pro boxing, a sport that been’s screaming “regulation” since the first hair-raising shenanigan by Don King, not to mention a cast of other characters who manipulate matchups and rankings for their protective interests.

Speaking of, Mayweather seems to want no part of Pacquiao.

I can understand why.

Pacman would very likely beat him, destroying Mayweather’s myth that he is, “pound-for-pound, the best fighter in the world.

Mayweather seems to have zero interest in fighting Pacquiao, even though it would be the most lucrative fight in the sport’s history. Each fighter stands to make between $25 million and $40 million. Each.

Sure, who would be interested in that?

Instead, Mayweather has spent his time crafting a vile, insulting rap.

“As soon as we come off vacation, we’re going to cook that little yellow chump,” Mayweather said. “So they ain’t gotta worry about me fighting the midget. Once I stomp the midget, I’ll make that little [deleted] make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice.”

Nice.

Mayweather has since “apologized.”

The backlash has been vicious, since the video post also coincided with tragic circumstances involving Bob Arum, Pacquiao’s promoter. The body of Arum’s son John, an environmental lawyer, was found on a mountainside in Washington. The death is believed to be from a hiking accident.

I have no problem if an athlete wants to play mind games. Muhammad Ali became a legend at it. But this is just crass and pointless. It’s also disingenuous, since it is Mayweather who has been running like Mr. Scaredy Pants avoiding Pacman.

I truly hope they fight some day.

And that Pacman eats his lunch, with a little sushi roll and rice on the side.

George Diaz, Orlando Sentinel
Back to top Go down

Biggest jerk in sports, a clown with no class
Page 1 of 1