Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bomb threat grips Bureau of Immigration building in Manila

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SuperMeg

SuperMeg

Bomb threat grips Bureau of Immigration building in Manila   Empty
PostSubject: Bomb threat grips Bureau of Immigration building in Manila    Bomb threat grips Bureau of Immigration building in Manila   I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:48 am

MANILA, Philippines (Xinhua) – A bomb threat sent via text message forced the evacuation at the Bureau of Immigration (BI) building in Intramuros, Manila this morning.

BI officer-in-charge Ronald Ledesma said he asked the National Bureau of Investigation to send in a bomb squad to inspect the building.

"I received a forwarded copy of the text message that claimed a bomb would explode at the BI at 9 a.m. I ordered the building evacuated and called in the National Bureau of Investigation," Ledesma said in a radio interview.

Ledesma said he ordered the BI Intelligence Division to supervise the evacuation of employees from the building at Intramuros.

Ledesma said the last time a bomb threat hit the BI was in 2000.

Back to top Go down

Bomb threat grips Bureau of Immigration building in Manila
Page 1 of 1