Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eagles, Eaglets savor wins in bonfire feast

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin
Magic Man13

Eagles, Eaglets savor wins in bonfire feast   Empty
PostSubject: Eagles, Eaglets savor wins in bonfire feast    Eagles, Eaglets savor wins in bonfire feast   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:57 am

rEagles, Eaglets savor wins in bonfire feast   Spo8canx
MANILA, Philippines - Ryan Buenafe proved himself right when he predicted during Ateneo’s bonfire celebration for their back-to-back conquest in 2009 that the Blue Eagles would win a three-peat in 2010.

Back in the same bash a year after, the 2010 UAAP seniors men’s basketball tournament’s Finals MVP was again asked how he foresees the 2011 hostilities.

“I knew I said we’re going to win a three-peat last year but this time, I’ll give Bacon Austria the honors,” Buenafe told thousands of fans who attended Sunday night’s celebrations for the Eagles’ three-peat on the Ateneo campus.

Though a little taken aback, Austria gamely took over the chores.

“I promise that we can get a four-peat next year,” said the incoming senior player, whom coach Norman Black has pinpointed as the next leader of the team along with Kirk Long, Buenafe and Emman Monfort.

“With the Finals MVP on our side, I think we can make it,” Austria added while somehow ribbing Buenafe.

Black was more “diplomatic” when asked about a fourth consecutive crown.

“Mahirap ito (it’s not easy) but as long as the boys continue to work hard, we’ll still have a chance,” he said.

Black used the occasion to introduce seven-footer Greg Slaughter of Smart Gilas who’s spending his one-year residency to be eligible to suit up for Ateneo for next year’s UAAP wars.

“Hello Ateneo! I hope I can help the team win a fourth championship next year,” said the former University of the Visayas behemoth.

Black and the champion crew also took the opportunity to publicly woo junior standout Kiefer Ravena.

“I hope Kiefer will stay with Ateneo,” said Black.

The young Ravena, when he went up the stage earlier with his three-peat-winning teammates, just thanked the Eaglets’ supporters and seemed to skirt questions and suggestion about his keenly-awaited collegiate stint.

Aside from the Eagles and the Eaglets, the Ateneo community also honored the grade school team that scored a four-peat in the SBP NCR competition, the squad that won the PRADA meet for the third straight time, and the high school crew that won a six-peat in the UAAP.

Olmin Leyba, Philippine Star
Back to top Go down

Eagles, Eaglets savor wins in bonfire feast
Page 1 of 1