Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 PBA Stars Vow to Give Gilas a Lift

Go down 
AuthorMessage
devilmaycry18
Admin
Admin
devilmaycry18

3 PBA Stars Vow to Give Gilas a Lift Empty
PostSubject: 3 PBA Stars Vow to Give Gilas a Lift   3 PBA Stars Vow to Give Gilas a Lift I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:00 pm

3 PBA Stars Vow to Give Gilas a Lift Taulava_4
taulav“We’ve been working hard in practice,” said Taulava, the PBA MVP in 2003. “It was a great fit to have Marcus at center, and me backing him up. He has played in a level that I haven’t been to and that’s the NBA, he’s been there.”

MANILA, Philippines — Three PBA players tasked with reinforcing Smart-Gilas Pilipinas have vowed to fill the shoes to be left by starting center Marcus Douthit whose participation in the coming Asian Games in Guangzhou, China remains hanging in the balance.

Asi Taulava, the 6-9 three-time member of the national team, said he’s ready to play the role reserved for Douthit.

“I’m not going to shy away from it,” the 37-year-old Taulava said Friday night prior to Merlaco’s game against his former team Talk ’N Text.

“It would be nice to have Marcus. But I’ll be more than happy to support the younger guys and play as hard as I can. No pressure really,” Taulava added.

Douthit’s stint with the Nationals became uncertain following the Senate's failure to act on the bill during the third reading Wednesday due to technicality.

“We’ve been working hard in practice,” said Taulava, the PBA MVP in 2003. “It was a great fit to have Marcus at center, and me backing him up. He has played in a level that I haven’t been to and that’s the NBA, he’s been there.”

“But we have to believe going to the competition, because if we don’t believe, what’s the use of going there? We’re confident. I’m confident that we can get the job done,” Taulava added.

The other two PBA superstars – Kelly Williams and Solomon Mercado – agree with Taulava’s observation.
www.mb.com.ph
Back to top Go down
http://basketbolpilipinas.forummption.com/

3 PBA Stars Vow to Give Gilas a Lift
Page 1 of 1