Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HBO Won't Give Up: Target Mayweather-Pacquiao Clash

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baguio3

baguio3

HBO Won't Give Up: Target Mayweather-Pacquiao Clash Empty
PostSubject: HBO Won't Give Up: Target Mayweather-Pacquiao Clash   HBO Won't Give Up: Target Mayweather-Pacquiao Clash I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 4:27 am

HBO Sports President, Ross Greenburg, acted as the intermediary during the second round of failed negotions for a bout between Manny Pacquiao and unbeaten Floyd Mayweather, the latter of whom has been beset, as of late, with legal troubles that not only threaten that potential mega fight, in particular, but, also, his career in general.

"We had two attempts at Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao and clearly, that was a fight that, if it could have been made, would have hit mainstream America hard. I mean, we were right on the cusp of something really special happening, and I'll tell you that I'm not giving up on it," said Greenburg.

Greenburg will do his best to make the fight happen in 2011. Before HBO can get the wheels rolling, Pacquiao has to do his part in two weeks by beating Antonio Margarito, and Mayweather has to settle his outstanding legal troubles.

"I think that a lot of things need to fall into place for that fight to happen. First and foremost, Manny Pacquiao has to survive Nov. 13 against a tough, big man in Antonio Margarito," said Greenburg. "And then, Floyd Mayweather has to clean up his personal life and the issues and whatever is going on in Las Vegas and then get back to the business of boxing."

"Floyd Mayweather has to restore his image and his life a little bit. And then hopefully, in 2011, we can try that third bite at the apple. And then, maybe it will happen."
Back to top Go down

HBO Won't Give Up: Target Mayweather-Pacquiao Clash
Page 1 of 1