Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FRA/LIB - French power to second victory

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yapsters
Admin
Admin
Yapsters

FRA/LIB - French power to second victory Empty
PostSubject: FRA/LIB - French power to second victory   FRA/LIB - French power to second victory I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 12:37 pm

FRA/LIB - French power to second victory 23_3_

IZMIR (FIBA World Championship) - France have suffered no hangover from their victory over Spain, clinically taking part a Lebanon team that presented a strong challenge early in the game.

An even spread of scorers including Mickael Gelabale (18 points, 5 rebounds), Alain Koffi (17 points, 5 rebounds), Ian Mahinmi (14 points, 9 rebounds) and Nando de Colo (14 points) saw the French record an easy 86-59 victory where they held Lebanon to just 21/55 from the field. After the win Gelabale visited with FIBATV.Com.

The decisive run came in the second quarter, with Alain Koffi dominating the keyway with eight points for the term as France pulled off a 13- 2 run over the first seven minutes to extend their 25-20 quarter time advantage to 16 points.

Nando De Colo picked up matters in the third quarter, scoring seven points on perfect shooting as France won the quarter 21-19. While Lebanon battled hard in the final term France outscored them 23-12 for the final margin.

Early in the game Lebanon had troubled France with their speed and versatility, big man Matt Freije nailing three triple in the first 5:32 as his team took a 16-11 lead. From there on though they could not escape the French shackles, scoring just 12 more points before half time.

Lebanon’s best were Jackson Vroman (19 points, 5 rebounds), Freije (11 points, 8 rebounds) and Fadi El Khatib with 12 points. Lebanon were out-rebounded 38-26.

Mickael Gelabale: We enjoy the moment. We worked in defence, we moved together, we know what we are doing on the floor and we do it. I very comfortable, my shot is back, I can make the three so I am happy to make this shot. This is beautiful and my teammates make me better.

Vincent Collet (coach): The first quarter was very close, our defence was ok but not like yesterday. Lebanon were playing good, moving the ball fast and moving the ball inside. From the second quarter we picked up the D a little bit, and I think that was the key to the game.

We insisted much more on the paint, even against the zone. This is because we know they had some players who could not go out of the court. So when you put the ball close to the basket they have to make a choice to give you the basket or foul.

Tab Baldwin (coach): It was one of those games we feared it might be and it turned out like that. I think we had a good first quarter, we got transition opportnities, we moved the ball pretty well, Freije started out well hitting three threes, and we felt comfortable.

Obviously at the break coach Collet talked to his team and they came out with a different mentality. From that point it became very difficult to execute offensively. I thought we had the right idea, but France did a great job of taking us out of any offensive rhythm or flow.
Back to top Go down

FRA/LIB - French power to second victory
Page 1 of 1