Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Lions barges back into Semis; Stags separate themselves from Heavy Bombers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin
Magic Man13

Red Lions barges back into Semis; Stags separate themselves from Heavy Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Red Lions barges back into Semis; Stags separate themselves from Heavy Bombers   Red Lions barges back into Semis; Stags separate themselves from Heavy Bombers I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:59 am

American behemoth Sudan Daniel unleashed his second triple-double effort as he powered San Beda to a 92-61 bashing of Perpetual Help and into the Final Four in the 86th NCAA basketball tournament at The Arena in San Juan City.

The 6-7 Daniel recorded his second triple-double effort this season with 10 points, 10 rebounds and league best 12 rebounds as he willed the Lions to their 11th win in row and a fifth straight appearance in the post season.

“More than anything, I want to help my team win a championship that’s why I’m doing the best I can to achieve it,” said the 23-year-old Daniel, who is currently second to San Sebastian’s Calvin Abueva in the MVP race.

Interestingly, the high-leaping Daniel posted his first triple-double—16 points, 10 board and 10 blocks—also against the Altas in a 101-77 rout last July 28.

And San Beda coach Frankie Lim was impressed.

“He has improved a lot,” said Lim of Daniel. “I’m happy for him because he’s one of the hardest workers in my team in practice.”

Arnold Danganan, back from a one-game suspension, fired 16 points but none of his teammates scored in double digits no thanks to Daniel’s indomitable defense.

The Altas remained winless in 10 starts.

Rome dela Rosa led all scorers with 20 points that more than made up for his scoreless effort in his team’s 92-68 thrashing of Emilio Aguinaldo Friday.

In juniors’ action, San Beda overpowered Perpetual Help, 84-66, to nail its 10th win in 11 outings while San Sebastian downed Jose Rizal 78-70, to improve to join its victim at No. 4 on identical 6-4 (win-loss) slates.

The Altalettes fell to their third setback against seven triumphs to fall from second to third behind the Letran Squires (8-3).

Defending champion San Sebastian held Jose Rizal to just four points in the fourth quarter to turn a 13-point deficit to a 64-59 victory yesterday and clinch it at least a playoff for a Final Four spot.

Calvin Abueva bucked a hurting ankle by finishing with 13 points and 18 rebounds while Ronald Pascual returned from a one-game absence due to fever by chipping in nine points including a pair of booming triples in the fourth quarter to lift the Stags to their 10th win in 11 games.

"Calvin played well despite coming off a sprained ankle while Ronald made some big shots for us although he just got well from sickness," said San Sebastian mentor Ato Agustin.

Nate Matute continued his hot-shooting streak by pouring in four more triples to finish with 12 points after hitting 10 in their last two assignments.

The Bombers fell to their third setback against eight triumphs.

The scores:

San Beda 92- dela Rosa 20, Daniel 10, Hermida 8, Lim 8, Lanete 7, J. Pascual 7, D. Semerad 7, Caram 6, Mendoza 5, K. Pascual 5, Villahermosa 4, Sorela 4, Marcelo 1, A. Semerad 0, Moralde 0
Perpetual Help 61- Danganan 16, Ynion 9, Vidal 8, Allen 8, Arboleda 6, Salvado 6, Alano 3, Elopre 2, Kintanar 2, Sumera 1, Asuncion 0, Jolangcob 0
Quarterscores: 25-20; 48-30; 67-44; 92-61

San Sebastian 64- Abueva 13, Semira 10, Sangalang 10, Bulawan 9, Pascual 9, Raymundo 5, del Rio 3, Maconocido 3, Gorospe 2, Gatchalian 0
Jose Rizal 59- Matute 12, Kabigting 10, Hayes 9, Bulangis 9, Etame 6, J. Lopez 5, Apinan 4, Montemayor 4, Almario 0, Njei 0
Back to top Go down

Red Lions barges back into Semis; Stags separate themselves from Heavy Bombers
Page 1 of 1