Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Robredo, Puno admonished but keep posts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin
Magic Man13

Robredo, Puno admonished but keep posts   Empty
PostSubject: Robredo, Puno admonished but keep posts    Robredo, Puno admonished but keep posts   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:01 am

Robredo, Puno admonished but keep posts   Gen3z

MANILA, Philippines - President Aquino yesterday decided to retain Secretary Jesse Robredo and Undersecretary Rico Puno of the Department of the Interior and Local Government, but gave them stern warning against further infighting following reports that the two officials have been squabbling.

"Both of them (Robredo and Puno) are under observation. Their retention is subject to change, as in the way they have been conducting themselves in the last few weeks," Aquino said during a press conference at Malacañang.

Robredo, his ally in the Liberal Party, will remain as secretary in an acting capacity while he and Puno are under observation.

"They should work together and should work as one. They should redefine their job and come up with a better working relationship," Mr. Aquino said.

"I think it's the appropriate term at this point in time," Mr. Aquino said, referring to Robredo's appointment in an "acting" capacity.

The President met both Robredo and Puno last Sunday and he laid down the ground rules for them to work together, without bickering, for the benefit of the country.

"I think they understood completely my sense of exasperation," he stressed.

Mr. Aquino rejected proposals to dismiss Robredo and Puno, noting that the "successes" they have achieved in their respective functions, like the quick resolution of the killings of media men and the arrest of the carjackers of the vehicle of Foreign Affairs Secretary Alberto Romulo's brother, among others.

"What about their successes? We're not perfect, we all make mistakes. I understand their situation. But if the pattern of behavior that I expect of them changes, then I think that's when we part ways," he warned.

The President also credited Robredo for addressing the problem of informal settlers. "Should we ignore that?" he asked.

The President said he didn't like the infighting between Robredo and Puno, which prompted him to call them to a meeting.

He added internal squabbling within members of his official family is the last thing he needs.

"There are certain goals I have in mind. Either they are achieved or I take corrective actions," he told reporters at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City last Sunday.

"Something like that (bickering) is not proper behavior for members of the Cabinet. We have no time for intramurals."

"We're trying to rebuild our country, so the focus should be on how we can do this and achieve progress for our country," he said in Filipino.

Delon Porcalla, Philippine Star
Back to top Go down

Robredo, Puno admonished but keep posts
Page 1 of 1