Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Young Ravena keeps options open

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin
Magic Man13

Young Ravena keeps options open Empty
PostSubject: Young Ravena keeps options open   Young Ravena keeps options open I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:46 am

Young Ravena keeps options open Kiefer-ravena

MANILA, Philippines — Kiefer Ravena, one of the country's top junior players, has kept his options open as far as his collegiate future is concerned.

A graduating high school student at Ateneo de Manila, Ravena has not categorically stated his desire to play for the Blue Eagles next season, fueling speculations that other teams are out to get his services.

Sources said National University is dead set on landing the King Eaglet.

Ateneo head coach Norman Black said he wants Ravena in his lineup next year.

“We hope he would end up here,” Black told reporters after the Blue Eagles’ three-peat-title-clinching 65-62 victory over Far Eastern University last month regarding Ravena’s future.

Asked about his preference, Ravena was evasive.

“Wala pa akong napili,” Ravena said. “Mahirap magsabi pero kailangan talaga muna namin tapusin yung high school."

Ravena plays catchup on his high school studies.

Fresh from leading the Blue Eaglets to their third straight UAAP title last month, Ravena’s priority is to finish high school after a string of absences brought about by his stint as a member of the Philippine Youth team that placed fifth in the Fiba-Asia tournament also last month.

“Siguro there are courses in mind, but kailangan ko talaga muna i-finish yung high school ko. Due to the absences, kailangan namin ni (RP Youth teammate) Von (Pessumal) maghabol para gumraduate bago namin isipin ano yung college na pupuntahan namin.” Ravena said recently.

Ravena averaged more than 20 points a game – which is the UAAP-best – on 51 percent shooting, 5.5 rebounds, 5.2 assists (second in the league) and 2.6 steals (third) in just 25 minutes of play in his final year with the Eaglets.

Loyalty could lead Ravena to decide in favor of Ateneo, which has been his school since Grade 6.

“Of course I’m loyal to my school. Marami ng natulong sa akin ang Ateneo,” Ravena said on Saturday.

“I just have to finish the task at hand which is to graduate. Then I’ll take it from there.”

Karlo Sacamos, Manila Bulletin
Back to top Go down

Young Ravena keeps options open
Page 1 of 1