Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HS standout Ravena to play for Eagles in 2011

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin
Magic Man13

HS standout Ravena to play for Eagles in 2011 Empty
PostSubject: HS standout Ravena to play for Eagles in 2011   HS standout Ravena to play for Eagles in 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 6:08 am

HS standout Ravena to play for Eagles in 2011 UAAP_Juniors_Ravena1

Kiefer Ravena, arguably the most talented player from the high school ranks, isn't going anywhere.

The second-generation player has decided to stay with Ateneo and play for the Blue Eagles in 2011, putting the Loyola-based squad on track for a historic four-peat.

The son of former Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) Rookie of the Year and Most Improved Player Bong Ravena confirmed his plans of staying in Ateneo through his Twitter account.

"I'm still playing for Ateneo next year," the younger Ravena posted in his social networking site page.

Ravena's decision to stay with Ateneo squelched speculations that the high school superstar intends to play ball in the United States.

His decision to stay and play for the Blue Eagles would mean the squad will still have a formidable lineup next season, with national developmental team standout Greg Slaughter and incoming rookie and RP Youth mainstay Von Pessumal.

Two other second-generation players, Gwynne Capacio and Raphael Banal, are also expected to join two-time Grand Slam coach Norman Black's troops.

Ravena, who reportedly expressed his desire to join the University of the Philippines Maroons when coach Aboy Castro was still handling the squad, has won three straight titles while playing for the Ateneo Blue Eaglets, on top of winning two Finals MVP awards.

Asked about Ravena’s intention to join the Blue Eagles, Black was elated to welcome the talented player considered as possibly the best player in the high school division today.

“We’ve sent him (Ravena) a letter of intent offer, same with Raphael Banal, but if it’s true that Kiefer has already expressed his intentions, that’s good news," Black told GMANews.TV in a telephone interview.

“Bong Ravena and I have been discussing the possibility of his son joining our team. Now that Kiefer has already confirmed it, I think that’s something to look forward to," he added.

Black and the elder Ravena are members of the coaching staff of the Talk N Text Tropang Texters in the Philippine Basketball Association.

Black, who also won a Grand Slam with the San Miguel Beermen in the PBA in 1989, said the Blue Eagles will take a couple of weeks off, but will plunge back to training in the third week of October in preparation for the Champions League.

“Gwynne (Capacio) and Greg (Slaughter) are already enrolled in Ateneo and they will join the team’s training, but I don’t want to think about next season’s UAAP where we have a chance to score a four-peat. We want to enjoy our latest victory, then prepare for the Champions League," added Black.

Rey Joble, GMA News.TV
Back to top Go down

HS standout Ravena to play for Eagles in 2011
Page 1 of 1