Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capacio, Tams Believe Yellow Is The Color Of Winner

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin
Magic Man13

Capacio, Tams Believe Yellow Is The Color Of Winner Empty
PostSubject: Capacio, Tams Believe Yellow Is The Color Of Winner   Capacio, Tams Believe Yellow Is The Color Of Winner I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:56 am

Capacio, Tams Believe Yellow Is The Color Of Winner Uaap_logo_feu

The most challenging statement during the UAAP press conference came from the normally private Glen Capacio, head coach of Far Eastern University.

“We will do everything to prevent Ateneo from scoring a grandslam," said Capacio.

The many-time PBA All-Defensive Team member was a picture of confidence when he gave those fighting words, words that should pump up the Tamaraws.

The team was in the thick of the fight for the crown last seaosn, but was hounded by an untimely controversy in the latter part of their campaign.

Mark Barroca, FEU’s former lead guard, was at the center of controversy last season, and the untimely development visibly hurt the Morayta-based cagers’ campaign.

But last season’s performance is water under the bridge now and the Tamaraws pose a serious threat to the Eagles’ ambitious three-peat bid.

Returning to the Tamaraws are JR Cawaling and Aldrech Ramos, two members of the Smart-Gilas national developmental team. These two players will lead the rest of the holdovers as the team wants an immediate result this season.

Capacio said that Cawaling and Ramos have improved their level of play not only individually, but also playing as a team. They are still adjusting to the system as they were loaned to Smart-Gilas for quite sometime.

“They are still adjusting to our defense. In their minds, they are still with Smart Gilas that they need to dominate, but I said that they need to play as a team," said Capacio.

Other holdovers include forward Reil Cervantes and Paul Sanga and guard Jens Knuttel along with fellow seniors Chris Exciminiano and Anthony Bringas.

Cameroonian Pipo Noundou will bring his energy again with the Tamaraws while third-year Clarence Foronda, Anjoe Latonio and sophomores Jolas Guerrero, Christian Manalo and RR Herrera, who will most likely take the spot of Barroca, are expected to provide a lot of help.

But the Tamaraws also beefed up their recruitment program and were able to tab a promising newcomer.

Terrence Romeo, who once scored a UAAP record for most points – 83 points – in the junior’s division, will now be suiting up in the senior ranks as a rookie.

Capacio said that Romeo will have a role with the FEU system as he plays alongside Garcia.

“He (Romeo) plays like a veteran, but I also need him to play point guard. Hopefully, RR Garcia can teach him well," said Capacio.

On paper, FEU is considered as a strong team.

Capacio thinks otherwise and believes his squad has the tools to go all the way.

“Chemistry wise, I’m more comfortable now because they forgot about their egos. They are helping each other and it’s a big thing. I hope they carry that attitude in the UAAP," said Capacio.

“The joke is that we are also strong in terms of color because of Noynoy Aquino," said Capacio in jest, referring to the yellow color of the Tamaraws.

On the court? It remains to be seen this season.

Rey Joble, GMA News.TV
Back to top Go down

Capacio, Tams Believe Yellow Is The Color Of Winner
Page 1 of 1