Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bombers Rap Chiefs; Knights Topple Altas

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin
Magic Man13

Bombers Rap Chiefs; Knights Topple Altas Empty
PostSubject: Bombers Rap Chiefs; Knights Topple Altas   Bombers Rap Chiefs; Knights Topple Altas I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:23 am

Bombers Rap Chiefs; Knights Topple Altas Spo2

MANILA, Philippines - Reycon Kabigting bucked a four-stitch wound in his right arm as he came through with his finest offensive game thus far, firing 19 points and powering Jose Rizal University to a 66-62 victory over Arellano U in the 86th NCAA men’s basketball tournament at The Arena in San Juan City yesterday.

Kabigting, who sustained a deep cut after hitting the roll tech while diving for a loose ball in Monday’s 67-62 win over St. Benilde, poured in 10 of his topscoring output in the third quarter as the Bombers broke away from a tight first half game en route to their second straight win after dropping their opening day assignment.

“He (Kabigting) wasn’t able to practice the last three days because of that cut,” said Jose Rizal coach Vergel Meneses. “But I challenged him to play because during my time, injuries like that never stopped me from playing.”

Seldom-used Vergel Zulueta came out of nowhere to lead the Chiefs with season-high 30 points, including another season-best 24 fourth quarter points. But Arellano failed to sustain its fourth quarter charge and took their second loss in three starts.

Earlier, Letran dominated the boards and used a big third quarter run to blast Perpetual Help, 87-69, and notch its first win after back-to-back setbacks.

Franz Dysam shot 21 points against his former team, including nine in the third period that had the Knights turning a one-point deficit at the turn into an 11-point spread at the end of the quarter.

“We were out-rebounded in our first two games so we made an effort to make up for it,” said Letran coach Louie Alas.

Joey Villar, Philippine Star
Back to top Go down

Bombers Rap Chiefs; Knights Topple Altas
Page 1 of 1