Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kiefer has no commitment yet with Eagles -- Bong Ravena

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin
Magic Man13

Kiefer has no commitment yet with Eagles -- Bong Ravena Empty
PostSubject: Kiefer has no commitment yet with Eagles -- Bong Ravena   Kiefer has no commitment yet with Eagles -- Bong Ravena I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:07 am

Kiefer has no commitment yet with Eagles -- Bong Ravena UAAP73_Jr_Ateneo_NU_KC1

Former Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) star and now Talk N Text assistant team manager Bong Ravena made it clear that his son, Kiefer Ravena, has yet to make a decision on which school to play for in college.

The elder Ravena, a former Rookie of the Year and Most Improved Player in the PBA, made the correction following an earlier report by GMANews.TV that his son has already made a commitment to play for UAAP grandslam champion Ateneo, based on a post made by kieferravena15, which was mistakenly believed by GMANews.TV as Kiefer's Twitter account.

But the father quickly squelched the matter and even made it clear that his son had nothing to do with the post.

"Kiefer has no Twitter account," said the elder Ravena. "We haven't decided yet which school he will play for next year. But all I can say is, let Kiefer finish his studies first and graduate from high school, then we will decide where he will go."

The elder Ravena was in Yemen when the story on Kiefer joining the Ateneo Eaglets in 2011 came out.

A Twitter user who handles the account name kieferravena15, which was mistakenly believed to be Kiefer's, answered queries of @jmb0731, @sweetsp, @miLabs_penguin5, and @michellespineda whether the player will go to Ateneo or head to another school.

Kieferravena15 confirmed that he will stay with Ateneo.

However, Christopher Ong, who claimed that he knew the player personally, said that kieferravena15 isn't the authentic Twitter account of arguably the best player from high school. He added that kieferravena is the real Twitter account of the younger Ravena.

"If your source is twitter.com/kieferravena15, sorry but that's a poser right there. I checked Kiefer's real twitter account (twitter.com/kieferravena) and didn't see him post any confirmation that he's playing for Ateneo next year. I know Kiefer personally and he told me that kieferravena15 is not his twitter account. It's twitter.com/kieferravena," said Ong via GMANews.TV's disqus feedback system, which allows GMANews.TV readers to share and comment on articles.

In fact, the user Kieferravena even clarified on Twitter what his real account was.

"Guys. This is my real Twitter account. Kieferravena15 is fake. I haven't tweeted anything recently due to the FIBA Asia Tournament. Delete it," Kieferravena posted on the popular social networking site.

The confusion only ended when the elder Ravena made a further clarification in a text message to GMANews.TV.

Bong added that such misinformation has happened in the past, and that he was more shocked than frustrated when he read the report.

"People commit mistakes. All of us do, but I was shocked when I read the report, that's why I want to make it clear that we have yet to make a decision and that my son, Kiefer, has no Twitter account," said Ravena.

The younger Ravena led the Ateneo Eaglets to a three-peat in the UAAP juniors basketball tournament.

The Ateneo's men's basketball team, which also won a Grand Slam, is one among the schools hoping to get the services of Ravena.

Back to top Go down

Kiefer has no commitment yet with Eagles -- Bong Ravena
Page 1 of 1