Basketbol ng Pilipinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moving on: PNoy and Shalani update their status

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magic Man13
Admin
Admin
Magic Man13

Moving on: PNoy and Shalani update their status Empty
PostSubject: Moving on: PNoy and Shalani update their status   Moving on: PNoy and Shalani update their status I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:47 am

It’s complicated, of course, and why shouldn’t it be? When the guy just happens to be the country’s first bachelor president and the girl has been named one of the Top 10 prettiest politicians in the Philippines, keeping a relationship is certainly not going to be that simple.

It has not helped that President Benigno “Noynoy" Aquino III has been seen in public with another woman amid rumors that he had broken up with Valenzuela City Councilor Shalani Soledad, who provided much-needed eye candy during his election campaign.

Ever since reports of the split emerged last month, Aquino and Shalani refused to lay on the table the real score between them. In separate interviews with GMA News, however, they finally dropped hints about the status of their relationship.

He said

In an exclusive interview with GMA News’ Jessica Soho in the public affairs program “Si PNoy at ang Pinoy" aired last Sunday, President Benigno “Noynoy" Aquino III indicated that things are not as rosy as the hopeless romantics would want it to be.

At first, he avoided answering questions about his relationships, saying, “Sa totoo lang, ako nama’y nahalal, ako’y napasok doon sa fishbowl. Sa lahat naman ng ito’y hindi nakaka-apekta--hindi apektado ang kailangan kong gawin."

(I've been elected, and this means I've been living in a fishbowl. These issues have no bearing on what I need to do.)

But when Soho badgered him about the propriety of dating another woman even though the public knows about his relationship with Shalani, Aquino could no longer dodge the issue.

“All the parties that have a right to know already know what the score is," Aquino replied. “The others who would like to know what the score is, hindi ko ugali talaga to talk about things that are really very personal, especially I’m the male in this equation."

(I don't make it habit to talk about things that are really very personal, especially since I'm the male in this equation.)

She said

The following day, in an interview with GMA News’ Sherry Ann Torres on 24 Oras, Soledad refused to directly answer questions about the rumored breakup between her and the President. Instead, she thanked Aquino for keeping his silence on the issue.

“That's one of Noy's good qualities," said Soledad, who was accompanying relatives in Valenzuela as they voted during Monday’s barangay elections.

She also thanked the Aquino sisters for the respect they accorded her throughout her relationship with their only brother.

But the councilor refused to comment on reports that Aquino has been spotted dating another woman, and maintained she is not dating anyone.

She admitted that her family has been affected by the rumors. “Of course, initially may shock. ‘Yung mommy ko umiiyak, kasi 'yung mga reports na hindi naman totoo. Alam naman kasi nila ang totoo," she said.

(My mother cried when she saw those false reports. They know the truth.)

For now, her work as city councilor has been keeping her busy. “I’m very much thankful because my work allows me to be productive. So, naka-focus na lang doon yung energy [ko]," Soledad said.

The real score

So, if there was a PNoy-Shalani fan page on Facebook, what would be their status?

Noynoy: “'Yun na lang 'yung private na buhay ko na natitira. Kaya iiwan ko na lang na private… Pakiusap ko na lang, sa akin na lang ‘yung parte na 'yan."

(My private life is all I have left. I plan to keep it private. I ask everyone to grant me this one request.)

Shalani: “'Yung sa relationship namin ni Noy, amin na lang."

(My relationship with Noy is between the two of us.)

Meaning: read between the lines, people, and move on.
Back to top Go down

Moving on: PNoy and Shalani update their status
Page 1 of 1